Data Protection Information
Fraunhofer Society - Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems ISE
The following pertains to the use of this website. As the party responsible for data processing (controller), we process your personal data collected via our website and store them for the period necessary to achieve the specified purposes and to comply with statutory requirements. In the following, we inform you about the data we collect and the way we process them. Furthermore, we inform you about your data privacy rights pertaining to the use of this website. Personal data, as defined by Article 4(1) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) includes any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- Name and contact information of the person responsible for data processing (controller) and of the corporate Data Protection Officer
- Processing of Personal Data and Purposes of Data Processing
- Web analysis/Tracking
- Your Rights as Data Subject
- Data Security
- Timeliness and Amendments to this Data Protection Information
Name and contact information of the person who signs responsible for the data processing (controller) and of the society’s data protection officer
This data protection information shall apply to the processing of data on our Institute’s website www.cell-to-module.com by the controller, the:
Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V. Hansastraße 27 c, D–80686 München (Munich, Germany)
On behalf of your Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems ISE in the following referred to as „Fraunhofer ISE“ E-Mail: datensicherheit(at)ise.fraunhofer.de
You can reach the Data Protection Officer of the Fraunhofer Institute at the above address c/o Data Protection Officer or at datenschutz(at)zv.fraunhofer.de
Please do not hesitate to contact the Data Protection Officer directly at any time in case of any questions concerning your data protection rights and/or your rights as data subject.
Processing of Personal Data and Purposes of Data Processing
a) During your Website Visit
Every time you visit our web pages, our website servers save your device’s accessing our website in a protocol file. This storage is temporary; our website server saves the following access data until their automated deletion:
- The IP address of the requesting device
- Access date and time
- Name and URL of the accessed data
- The data volume transmitted
- The message whether the access was successful
- The browser and operating system used
- The name of the Internet Provider (ISP)
- The referring website (referrer URL)
These data are processed for the following purposes:
- To enable the use of the website (connection setup)
- Administration of the network infrastructure
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure IT systems and data security taking into account the state of the art technology
- Fault Analysis and Threat Mitigation
- To offer user-friendly service
- To optimize the Internet offering
Legal foundations for the above processing purposes:
Processing in response to a website visit pursuant to numbers 1-2:
- The first sentence of Article 6(1), point (b) (requirement for compliance with provisions of the website user contract),
Processing pursuant to numbers 3-4:
- The first sentence of Article 6(1), point (c) GDPR (legal obligation to implement technical and organisational measures to ensure secure data processing pursuant to Article 32 GDPR) and
- The first sentence of Article 6(1), point (f) GDPR (legitimate interests in data processing for the network and information security) as well as
Data processing pursuant to numbers 5-6:
- The first sentence of Article 6(1), lit. f GDPR (legitimate interests). Our legitimate interests in the processing of data are based on our desire to offer user-friendly optimised web pages. Our legitimate interests may also include the distribution of direct advertising.
After the set period of 30 days, our web server automatically deletes the above-mentioned data. To the extent that data are processed longer for purposes pursuant to numbers 2–6, we will anonymise or delete the data as soon as their storage no longer serves the respective purpose.
b) Free Download of Demo Software and Services free of charge
In context with the free download of demo software and services free of charge, we collect the following required data:
- First name,
- Last name,
- E-Mail address,
- You may volunteer to provide us with additional information about you (title, company/institute).
The processing of the required data has the purposes of identifying you as software user, to check the supplied data for plausibility, to establish a contractual relationship with you as stated in the license agreement (https://www.cell-to-module.com/pdf/171023_TermsAndConditions_Demo_Version.pdf) and to provide you with information. We process the data based on your enquiry, based on your explicit consent after Article 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR and for the declared purposes as prescribed by Article 6 para. 1, page 1, lit. b GDPR to perform the contractual obligations toward the user and meet the conditions precedent to entering into the contract. We will delete personal data collected from you following the end of the license agreement.
c) Subscriptions to our Newsletter
We will send our newsletter to your email address on a regular basis provided you explicitly consent to our use of your email address as recipient address for our newsletter pursuant to the first sentence of Article 6(1), point (a) GDPR. The newsletters inform you about our Institute and other facilities and events of Fraunhofer e.V.. To receive our newsletter, we ask you to provide us with the following mandatory data:
- E-Mail address,
- Assurance of perusal and acceptance of the data protection policy,
- You may volunteer to provide us with additional information about you (title, first name, last name, company/institute). We use these data to address you personally in our newsletter.
Upon receiving your subscription, we will email you a subscription notice. Please confirm receipt of this notice. We need this confirmation to send our newsletter to you. This process is known as double opt-in procedure. Your response serves as proof that you are indeed the person who requested our newsletter. You may unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time. You may find an ‘unsubscribe’ link at the end of each of our newsletters. Alternatively, you may also unsubscribe by using the following link: https://cell-to-module.com/newsletter-unsubscribe/.
Upon receiving your unsubscribe notice, we will delete your email address immediately. Our service provider, mailingwork GmbH, Birkenweg 7, 09569 Oederan, Germany (“mailingwork”) sends our newsletter to your email address on our behalf. Mailingwork stores the email addresses of our newsletter recipients on their servers in Germany on our behalf. Mailingwork uses the data of our newsletter subscribers for the purpose of sending and evaluating newsletters on our behalf. For this purpose, we entered into an order processing contract with mailingwork. By signing this contract, mailingwork agrees to process the subscriber data in compliance with all General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and to guarantee the rights of all data subjects.
Mailingwork assures that personal data are protected in a comprehensive way from unauthorised access. Mailingwork itself does not use the data of our newsletter recipients to write to them or to forward the data to third parties. As reliable email sending service, mailingwork is certified by the Certified Senders Alliance.
d) Use of Contact Forms
We offer our website’s visitors the opportunity to contact us via a form on our website. To enable you to communicate with us via this form, we request the following data:
- E-Mail address
- Topic of the inquiry
We need these data to find out who contacted us and to process the user request. You may volunteer to provide us with additional information about you (title, first name, last name, company/institute). We use your data to send you answers to your questions and information per mail if you explicity request it. We process the data in response to your enquiry. Our purpose is to answer your inquiry for the purposes of our legitimate interests pursuant to the first sentence of Article 6(1), point (f) GDPR. Once we have satisfied the enquiry via contact form, we will delete the personal data collected.
Our websites are hosted by the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V., Hansastrasse 27c, 80686, Munich, Germany on servers located in Germany exclusively.
Your Rights as Data Subject
You have the following rights:
- Pursuant to Article 7(3) GDPR, you have the right to withdraw at any time any consent you may have given to us before. Consequently, we may no longer continue the respective activity.
- Pursuant to Article 15 GDPR, you have the right to obtain information on your personal data which we have processed. In particular, you have the right to information on the following:
- Purposes of the data processing
- The categories of personal data,
- The categories of recipients to which we disclosed or will disclose your data,
- The planned storage periods of data,
- The existence of the right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing and objection,
- The right to appeal,
- The right to know the origin of your data in the event that we did not collect these data,
- The right to meaningful and detailed information on the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, relevant information on the details thereof;
- Pursuant to Article 16 GDPR, you have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data and/or the completion of incomplete personal data in storage at the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft,
- Pursuant to Article 17 GDPR, you have the right to the erasure of your personal data unless the erasure interferes with the execution of the right to the free expression of opinions and to information, with the compliance with legal obligations, is necessary in the public interest or for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims,
- Pursuant to Article 18 GDPR, you have the right to restriction of processing of your personal data if you contest or challenge the accuracy of these data, the processing of the data is unlawful but you oppose the erasure of these data and we no longer need the data while you still need the data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims or you have raised an objection against the data processing pursuant to Article 21 GDPR,
- Pursuant to Article 20 GDPR, you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to demand the transmit to another controller and
- Pursuant to Article 77 GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. As a rule, you may find such authority at your habitual residence, your workplace or our company domicile.
Information on your right to object pursuant to Article 21 GDPR
You have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Article 6(1), point (f) GDPR (data processing for the purposes of the legitimate interests) and Article 6,(1), point (e) GDPR (data processing for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest). This shall also apply to profiling as prescribed by Article 4 No. 4 GDPR, which is based on this provision. Once you file an objection, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or unless the processing serves the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. To the extent that your objection addresses the processing of data for direct advertising, we will stop the processing immediately. In this case, citing a special situation is not required. This shall also apply to profiling in as far as it relates to such direct advertising. If you would like to assert your right to object, an email to datenschutz(at)zv.fraunhofer.de will suffice.
We transmit all your personal data using the widely used and secure TLS (Transport Layer Security) encryption standard. The TLS protocol is a proven and secure standard that is also used in online banking transactions. You will recognise a secure TLS connection by the “s” following the http (https://…) in your browser URL or by the lock symbol in the lower section of your browser.
Moreover, we use suitable technical and organisational safety procedures to protect your data against accidental or wilful manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against the unauthorised access by third parties. We constantly improve these security measures as the technology advances.
Timeliness of the Data and Amendments to this Data Protection Information
This data protection information as amended on October 10th, 2018 is currently applicable. Due to improvements of our website and website offers or by virtue of amended statutory or administrative standards, it may become necessary to amend this data protection information. You may find the latest data protection information by clicking the link on this website: https://cell-to-module.com/datapolicy/ You may read or print this updated and amended version at any time.
Should individual provisions of this data protection declaration be or become invalid either in part or in their entirety or prove infeasible at any time, this shall not affect the remaining provisions. This shall apply accordingly to gaps in this declaration.